Monday, October 17, 2011

What's It? - UPDATE

Found this items while out antique shopping this weekend and can't find any information about it online.

This is what I know, it's called a posting tray (it says so on the label)!

The silver handle you see is like a trigger, depress it and you can move the front part back and forth.
It's Made in England.
The arms on the sides can be pulled out for larger space.
And the arms fold down.

My very first thought was that it could have been used in old gas stations to hold customer work orders and now I'm wondering if it could have been used in an old hotel to hold room bills.  Anyone have any ideas?

My friend from VintageEmbellishment found the patent number online, it's from 1947 and is listed as a loose sheet holder!  Thank you so much!

1 comment:

VintageVendor said...

I love this kind of thing. If I had room in my office I would fill it with old office stuff including typewriters, adding machines and this!!

Sorry I can't help identify what it
was originally used for.