Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vintage Make Over - Rotary Phone

A few weeks ago, I came across this vintage rotary phone.  It was in terrible shape but I was up for a challenge!


Yuck!  Let's get started.

Armed with my disinfecting wipes and my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, I started with the hand piece.  And I always have a container of Q-tips around!

Before:  very dirty!

After:  looks like new!

Face piece:

Ew!


After

Now onto the worse part, the cord

Before:  totally gross!

After:  looks great!

Now it looks usable again!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow, it looks great. What a lot of work, though. You are a more energetic woman than I am! I admit to passing up certain great vintage items because I know I won't go through the hassle of cleaning with major elbow grease.

VintageVendor said...

You really did a nice job of cleaning it. Looks great.