Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vintage Pyrex

I haven't been out doing too much in the way of antique shopping but I had lunch today with my Mom so while I was in a different area, I decided to stop at this one thrift shop.

They really didn't have much but I did find this neat casserole!  

It's a promotional piece from the 1960's and apparently there isn't much of it around

It's called Gourmet.  It nice and big, 2 1/2 quart!  It's missing the lid but I think that can be replaced, the pattern and condition are more important, I think!  It's in great shape, doesn't even look like it was ever used. One small surface scratch inside but I think that is from someone putting something inside it, perhaps for storing it.

I almost put it back several times but I'm glad I didn't!

1 comment:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

What a great graphic design. Ahead of its times I believe.