Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bakelite Buttons

Have you ever purchased something online that seems to take forever to get to you?  I'm like a little kid when it comes to these purchases, I want it and I want it now!

With online businesses expecting their sellers to supply buyers with estimated delivery times, it's hard on the sellers.  I know it is.  I'd rather not know and of course, the sellers have found a way around it.  One such seller takes the time to supply you with a tracking number the day after the purchase, however, there's been no movement on the package, including it being scanned at the post office.  What does that mean?  Most likely, it hasn't even been sent yet.  Why?  Because if it was sent and let's just say the post office failed to scan it, someone along the lines would have scanned it OR I'd have it by now.  Not the case with one seller that has this beautiful "fast 'n free" icon by his name.  He got that icon by pretending to ship immediately.  So much for the fast shipping!  Anyway, back to the subject.

I collect Bakelite realistic/goofy buttons.  Most times, I buy one at a time and it takes time and money to purchase this way, so when I found a full set on eBay, I decided to watch them.  I realize they are black and black isn't the most desirable color but hey, it's a full set!  And something told me there's more to them.

Imagine my surprise when I won them on eBay for a total of $10.54 including shipping!!!  I paid, I waited and waited until the estimated time went by and still no buttons.  Email the seller and she had sent them but it was 5 days after I paid.  Um.  I ship the next business day, no excuses but I guess not everyone is like that.  I wait, I wait and today was the day!!!!  

The card isn't worth writing home about but it's still neat.

Woohoo!  I now have a full set of Bakelite fruit and veggies!
I love that Made in U.S.A. part!

But wait, there's more!!!  My gut told me there was, again, let's take a closer look!
YEP!!!!  A full set of BLUE, not black, Bakelite fruit and veggie buttons!

Doing the happy dance!  And the full set for under $11.00!  Well worth the wait!

2 comments:

VintageVendor said...

Here, here on the first part.

I'm so happy for you because I know how you love the blue and or green Bakelite buttons. The price was crazy low so congratulations to you!

Doodle said...

Wow, that's pretty cool. You have a "bakelite" eye for sure. Wish I could spot them like you can. Congrats on the cool deal!