Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vintage tripping

I took some photos of items I came home with from my weekend shopping spree and will be sharing them over the next few days.  

Metal paint by number wall pocket with flowers and Cardinal.  Paint by number of ducks and a nifty old tube that was used at one time for a fishing kit for kids.  It used to hold a fishing pole and other items needed for fishing, now it's just an empty tube, but still neat.  When I got home, I opened it up and there's three envelopes inside it from the original kit, they are empty too but you can get an idea from them what used to be inside!

These are the beginning of the paint by numbers I purchased from a young gentleman at a flea market.  It's great to find complete series.

He did a good job on most of them!

These are probably my favorite ones.  It's fun how you can fit them together and the scene goes from one picture to the other in perfect flow!

Apparently, he was fond of horses!

I have to research these at the museum to see which ones came in what set.

This one is just a close up of one in the photo above it but I have to laugh because it's painted very thin and you can see all the numbers through the paint (you can click on it to enlarge it if you can't see the numbers).

This is a great hunting scene and the only one that wasn't painted by the gentleman I purchased it from, he told me it was an older man.  

The ducks in the first photo and the one above and the next two are all from another dealer.

I have another Last Supper paint by number but it's completely different from this one.  Seems there were at least 11 different pictures of the Last Supper.

This is my favorite one in this lot.  In all, I came home with 19 paint by number items!  All told, I only spent $1.85 on each paint by number!

1 comment:

VintageVendor said...

WOW. I can't believe how many PBNs you came home with. They are all great, but if I had to pick a favorite subject it would be the horses. I love the bright red Cardinal on the wall pocket. Once again, you came home with some wonderful things.