Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shop Closing

It's sad to see shops close. Lisa from http://www.beadsoul.etsy.com/ has decided to close up shop. She's having a sale to reduce inventory, so stop by and see if there's anything you can use. She's a great person and you won't be disappointed with your purchase.

I came across these Mother of Pearl (dyed yellow) bead frames in her shop and was fascinated by them! I just had to give them a try. Here's my first attempt:

I used a Mother of Pearl fish button for the center. I can't wait to find more items I can put in the center of these frames!
Okay, so I went away to try out a few more items and came up with this:Using vintage lucite cubes and gold beads.

Using the MOP frames, I put 2 orangy vintage lucite cubes with one gold ball, then put a green vintage lucite cube in the next frame.

I really like how this came out, it's fun and funky!

I finished it off with a butterfly magnetic clasp.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like these!