Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sunday flea market

Had a great time at the flea market!  It was full of vendors and just a blast rooting through everything!
 
First thing I found:
Came across this Elk paint by number:
This is done on canvas, shows how old it is.  It is from the 1950's.  He came down in price to keep it under my limit! 
 
Same seller had another one in his van, goes and gets it.  It's just a large as the first one!  $10 for this one, too?  (I ask).  No, I must have $15 for it.  I say, okay, thanks anyway, that is above my limit.  Well, he continues, I have to have $15 for it because it has a frame.  HUH???  The first one has a frame, too!!  I say to him, keep the frame.  He suddenly goes deaf.  He goes, huh?  I repeat it, huh?  I finally just said thanks, I'll leave it sit.  Finally he says okay, he'll take the $10 for it BUT boy, was he unhappy about it!  I thanked him several times and he ignored me to the point it was funny.  If he didn't want to do it, why did he?  Anyway, here it is, again, 1950's and done on canvas:
Next is this chippy tumbler holder, it is awesome!
And then this old vintage paper towel holder:

{Don't forget to scroll down for Saturday's Thrift Shopping!}
 

Karen

4 comments:

VintageVendor said...

Two more awesome PBNs and those marbles reminded me of when I used to bury them in my backyard when I was a kid. LOL Funny thing was after we first married, we moved back there for a few years and found a lot of them when we were digging to plant!!! Still have them.

Runs With Scissors said...

No way!!! You still have your marbles?

VintageVendor said...

Well, I fell right into that one. LOL Answer, no I lost them long ago, the ones in my head that is. LOL

VintageVendor said...

Well, I fell right into that one. LOL Answer, no I lost them long ago, the ones in my head that is. LOL