Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Doors

Lately, I've been on a rampage!  My doors were boring me and needed something done with them.  I started in the dining room and painted the door with black magnetic paint, several coats, then topped that off with chalkboard paint.  Put on a new satin nickel door knob, replaced my switch plate to a satin nickel finished plate that I found that is so neat because you don't see any screws!

Now, magnetic paint isn't all it is talked up to be and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bother with it.  It's difficult to work with, stinks to high heaven and you really need to use items that have large magnets on them.  I would do the chalkboard again though.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Moved onto the downstairs powder room, which is my retro 50's bathroom of all black, white and aqua.  Did the inside of the door, high gloss white and the outside of the door, high gloss black!  Again, used nickel satin hardware.

I have one more door to do this weekend.  Going to do glow in the dark paint on one side and a distressed gray on the other side.  Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

No comments: