Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Different paint by numbers

The same friend cleaning out her mother's house informed be she found a paint by number for me!  Well, what she gave me sure was different!  Take a look:


It's like a mosaic art!  I know it's a paint by number because you can see some of the numbers through the thinner paint spots:


Very interesting!  The second she left, I started doing research on it.  I couldn't find one single thing about it, even in the Paint by Number Museum.

One night, I was cruising eBay and came across a lot of mosaic art paint by numbers.  Wow, the seller had them priced so high, there was no way I was going to touch them.  But, now I have a manufacturer to look into.  I showed the lot to my hubby and he says I should offer the seller 1/3 of the price she was asking and see what happens.  Like I'm going to do that.

A week later, I come across the listing again and there's only 1 hour left on it.  No bids!  So, what the heck, I email the seller and offer her the 1/3 off her listing price.  OMG, she accepted it!!  The lot showed up yesterday and how fun it is?


The box has the Jamaican scenes inside it.  Two 10 x 14 pictures, dried up paint bottles, a plastic palette, directions and one paint brush.


One is finished, the second one isn't.  

These are completely different from the Jesus picture my friend gave me, who knew?  The Jesus picture has the numbers on the picture itself but these have a paper guide with the numbers on them that you flip the plastic picture on top of and paint it on the back, within these small "wells" located on it.


Here is the back of one:


Once the painting is done, there's gold foil included that you attach to the back to "enhance" the picture!  

I'm always thrilled to get catalogs that come with the kits.  They are so helpful when doing research:


This is funny, the color chart.  All you need to do these pictures is 8 colors, then you mix those colors together for the rest of the numbers!  I really think I want to try to finish these and this chart is wonderful to help me with that!


Some more paperwork included:


And what the finished pictures should look like:


As a bonus, inside the box was 2 other pictures!  These are called  Peasants.


One finished, one not.  Number guide is included, so I should be able to finish it!



These are by Transogram company somewhere around 1959!  The search is on for more!  Plus, the Jesus one is not showed in any of the paperwork.  I wonder if it is still by Transogram but much later in time.  


No comments: