Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today's Finds

The hubby and I went for a little adventure today.  We picked an area (East Earl) and then each of us picked two places to visit out that way.  My hubby picked Shady Maple Smorgasbord (http://www.shady-maple.com/) and Weaver's Store (http://www.weaverstoreinc.com/), I picked my two favorite thrift shops!

First stop, the Smorgasbord for breakfast!  It wasn't too bad when we got there but by the time we left, it was lined out the door!  Now we had to work it off.

The first thrift shop was a disappointment.  There was a nice set of dishes with a piece I suspect to be hard to find, but the prices were more like an antique show instead of a thrift shop so I walked away.  One thing though and please don't tell the hubby I told you, there was such a great moment when I looked across the store to find my hubby going through the scarves!  I was just so impressed!  I walked over and wiped the tear from my eye and said, what are you looking for?  He says, I'm not sure but it starts with a V.  LOLOLOL!  He was looking for Vera Neumann scarves!  That made my entire day!

Second place wasn't too much better but I did find two items.  I have a soft spot in my heart for patterned glass and often have a hard time walking away from it.  I came across a beautiful compote!

It's a very heavy piece and the best part?  It's marked Heisey!  

The second item?
LOLOLOL, how can I resist that face?

Last stop was Weaver's and we headed home.  It was a great day!

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is so sweet! My husband is starting to know what I like to find too. This makes it really great at estate sales because we can split up and cover more ground!

The Baker's Daughter said...

That is so sweet about your hubby!!

Doodle said...

And now, how often does he read your blog? Until then, your secret is safe with us! haha