Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm on to them!

So, I go shopping, armed with a 55% off (one regularly priced item) coupon for the craft shop! This is so cool! I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I run through the store, pick up a book of paper ($9.99), two strands of beads ($3.99 each) and a wooden dowel (.39 cents). Get to the checkout, put everything down and hand her my coupon. Pay the bill and run. I get home and look at my receipt. Book of paper on sale for $6.99, strands of beads on sale for $2.99 each and what do I get for 55% off??? Yep, the .39 cent wooden dowel.
How's that for money management? Do I know how to spend or what?
But my point. I'm a bit slow, but I'm finally onto these wonderful coupons. It's great to get those 40% off coupons every week, but think about it. They put every single item in the store on sale for 30% off. I went three weeks not being able to buy anything, well, except for a candy bar for 40% off. Don't worry, it was one of those expensive Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark candy bars. I know, I know. Great use of a coupon!
I asked if they could ring up an expensive quilters ruler at the regular price and then I could use my coupon and she said she couldn't do that. It was on sale for 30% off. I think they could do it, they just don't want to. Even I know what a price override key is.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

You have a great sense of humor, Karen. I have found the same thing to be true- seems like whenever I try to use my coupon I can't, then when I CAN use it, I can't find it! I've been eyeing the Peppermint Bark every time I go to the grocery store...is it yummy?

Runs With Scissors said...

Oh, it's SO good and even better at 40% off! LOLOL! I think I like it so much because you can only get it at Christmas, so I don't overload on it the rest of the year. Um, wonder how it freezes...

Jennie said...

Excellent- I will keep that in mind the next time my COUPON is expiring and must be used, lol!

Runs With Scissors said...

JoAnn's carries the candy bar so you can try it out without buying that giant bag of squares. And yes, you can use your 40% off coupon on it! :o)