Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Christmas decorations

It's that time of the year!  Time to start thinking ahead to Christmas.

I started working on my decorations and so far, am very happy with them!  Now, I need to figure out how I'm going to display them.  I'm giving some thought to hanging them from vintage knitting needles or vintage rulers or twigs from trees.  I've ordered one of those wooden display trees but really haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet.

Let's look at the ornaments.


This one was done on antique brown perforated paper.  I finished the whole thing and then added the buttons, put another piece of brown perforated paper on the back and added the whipstitch around the outer border to hold the two pieces together.  Then used matching floss for the hangers.


This one is done on brown plastic canvas.  SO simple but SO love it!  Both of these work up so quickly.


I added the hangers but can easily remove them and add something else, depending on how I finally decide to hang them.

1 comment:

VintageVendor said...

These are just the cutest! Good ideas never fail to come out of that head of yours. Of course, being a button collector, I love that you used buttons in your designs.