Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pond stuff

I decided to go with different plants for the pond this year and regret it.  I should have stayed with the tried and true things that I usually get.

My water iris hasn't bloomed even once, that's disappointing and I went with a different water lily.  It's pretty however, doesn't bloom as many flowers as the ones I'm used to.  It's small:

I just had to go for something purple!  This is the third day it's been out, so it isn't the best photo but you can get the idea.  Next year, the old larger ones!

And here is a good close up of one of the frogs.  It is so hard for me to believe this once was a tiny tadpole!


My cosmos are still going strong!  Just look at the size of this one!


The sweet peas are starting to show signs of giving up, but I still have a lot left.  It's amazing to me how such a small flower can smell so good and it can fill a room with scent!  Wish you could smell them!



I love how I have different shades of maroon and pink then different shades of purples and they work so well together!


2 comments:

VintageVendor said...

Your flowers look so beautiful. I'm happy for you that you still have some sweet peas left and they look so healthy.

Are you going to name your frog?

Julie said...

Sweet peas and cosmos! How delicate and sweet! Your frogs are so handsome! My neighbor has a frog farm next door, and we are in a subdivision in the city! It sounds like we are in a swamp at nighttime! The sounds are nice, I suppose, but I think the frogs are going to take over the neighborhood!!! LOLOL.