Friday, November 20, 2009

What is it?!?!

I'm hoping someone can help identify this item! The green part is cast iron, the rollers are wood and there's a tin plate on the underside. The top part (on the left side here) looks like it should hold some type of a dowel.

Look at the nasty teeth on this thing!

It says Patent May 14, 1918 on one side. On the other side is a raised up star and it says No. 5 under that.
Any ideas?


VintageVendor said...

Boy, this is a hard one to figure out. I hope someone knows what it is because I'd like to know too.

goodgosh said...

a paper roller? It's like "right there" on the edge of my mind, just wish I could find it so I could tell you. Right now all I can think of is "why do you have it" and "where did you get it"? LOL

you are crazy.

Runs With Scissors said...

Mr. and Mrs. Bubbles say it's a tape dispenser for that older packing tape that you had to wet to use. Thanks to the Bubbles!

GG, I have it because I can. *sigh*